Threat Intelligence Analyst
Are you a lover of puzzles? Do you get sucked down the rabbit hole? Are you mildly paranoid? As a Threat Intelligence Analyst at DarkOwl, you will join our team of A-player analysts to assist our clients in identifying data that has leaked outside of their four walls. Our DarkOwl Vision platform provides the world's largest index of darknet content and the tools and services to efficiently find leaked or otherwise compromised sensitive data, and you will leverage our platform in addition to many other tools and techniques.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to tell a story.
- Proficient at research and investigation, beyond searching Google results, using multiple Open Source tools.
- Strong understanding of technology, information, and physical security controls and weaknesses.
- Scripting (e.g. Python, PERL, shells, etc.) and REGEX in order to interact with raw data.
- Comfortable with Windows and Linux desktop environment.
- Previous work experience in an IT environment, preferably in a technical role.
- A thought leader in the Threat Intelligence space with experience identified breaches, writing blogs/white papers, speaking at conferences, etc.
- Ability to speak/read/write multiple languages – Chinese, Eastern European, Farsi, Spanish, or Portuguese.
- Self-motivated, self-driven, and self-educating.
- Functions well in ‘organized-chaos’ and is comfortable in a start-up environment.
- Investigate, research, and analyze target subject matter online and track incidents to their source.
- Compile identified information into customer facing content.
- Work with your team and members of other internal teams to share knowledge, improve service offerings, and increase OWL’s ability to better serve our clients.
- Be efficient with your time and know when to stop “following the rabbit hole.”
- Bachelor's degree with course work in Computer Science, Business IT, and other IT-related degrees or equivalent experience.
- Military background a plus. Preffered MOS's:
- Army – 35 Series
- Navy – IS
- Air Force – 1N Series
- Marine – 02 Series
- Higher professional certification(s) are a plus.